Brought to you by Intersect in partnership with QCIF and delivered by QCIF.
About this course
This practical workshop will help participants to choose and use the appropriate statistical test for their data by introducing key concepts of inferential statistics in R. Participants will learn how to compute, report, and interpret hypothesis tests for popular statistical models such as correlation, contingency tables, chi-square test, t-test and ANOVA.
- Choose the right statistical test appropriate for the data and the research questions
- Carry out inferential statistics in R
- Generate plots, figures and tables of hypothesis tests using specific R packages
- Interpret and report the results of a range of commonly-used statistical tests
- An introduction to hypothesis testing terminology
- Correlation analysis between two continuous variables
- Statistical tests for both categorial and continuous variables
- ANOVA – testing with more than two groups
Prior experience with R and the RStudio interface is required, as the basics of R will not be covered. Please consider attending our R101: Learn to Program: R and R110: R for Research courses to come up to speed beforehand.