An Intersect member since 2009, University of Technology Sydney has a specialist eResearch team of ten staff, led by Dr. Peter Sefton. Former software analyst Jared Berghold started as the UTS Intersect eResearch Analyst this June to increase engagement.
Highlights in just six months include:
- Undertaking a research computing review of the UTS Faculty of Science to identify any gaps in skills and resources, and provide recommendations.
- Assisting to establish Hacky Hour, a weekly informal event where researchers can get help with their research problems related to code, data, or digital tools.
- Developing new training material for UTS Library to use for the Learn.Teach.Research event in June.
- Organising and assisting delivery of training to over 100 UTS researchers.
- Providing advice about automated data extraction to Professor Anita Stuhmke and Pam Stewart from the UTS Faculty of Law for theirdata mining research project looking at High Court decisions.
- Advising and assisting a number of other UTS researchers about mobile app development,data wrangling, map-based visualisation, data storage and high-speed data access, high performance computing, and running virtual machines on Intersect OwnTime.
UTS is just one example of driving research productivity by leveraging complementary Intersect Energy expertise and services. Contact your local eResearch Analyst to see how we can help create researcher support services in a flexible way that intimately aligns with your organisation's approach.