The 2020 Intersect HPC Resource Allocation Call for Applications is now open. Applications close Friday 18 Oct 2019.
- 10 Sep 2019 – Applications open
- 18 Oct 2019 – Applications close (5:00 pm AEDT)
- 20 Dec 2019 – Outcomes announced
The 2020 Intersect HPC Resource Allocation application process for new projects (and applicants) requires two distinct steps:
- Registration of your project team and your project. This step is completed on the NCI website.
- Completion of a detailed merit application for your project. This step is completed via an online Intersect application form.
For established projects, the initial registration step is not required; only the online Intersect application form needs to be completed. More detailed instructions are given below.
- An applicant without an NCI account should first register for an NCI user account at https://my.nci.org.au.
- To start the application process – use the “Propose a project” link on your https://my.nci.org.au home page to submit a brief proposal and register the project for Intersect. Select “Intersect” as the resourcing scheme.
Complete and submit the merit proposal for your project at https://intersecthpc.typeform.com/to/blgBYL (Important: this step must be completed to finalise your application.)
These steps will register your new project.
Applicants who wish to resource an existing project should:
- Update their personal and career profiles and project memberships at https://my.nci.org.au;
- Complete the Intersect merit application form here. Important: this step must be completed to finalise your application.
When to use https://my.nci.org.au
- To register for a new user account, add a new project, and add or remove project members.
- To update personal details.
When to use The Intersect Merit Application Form
- To complete your 2020 Intersect HPC proposal.
- To submit your proposal.
The application deadline for Intersect HPC Resource Allocation Round 2020 is 17:00 (5pm) AEDT Friday 18, Oct 2019.
The total computing resources available through the 2020 Intersect HPC Resource Allocation Round are summarised in the following table.
Computing Time (KSU*)
* All references to computational resources in Intersect HPC resource allocation round for 2020 will be in units of kilo-service-units; 1 KSU = 1000 service units (SU).
** 8750 KSU will be available in Q1 2020. The remaining resources will be split equally over the remaining three quarters of the 2020 calendar year. Resources available are an estimate only and subject to confirmation following the outcome of a pending ARC LIEF grant application submitted by the Intersect consortium.
Projects from each Intersect member university will be allocated from a pre-agreed resource pool that has been negotiated between Intersect and the member university. The Intersect Resource Allocation Committee will evaluate the projects and determine the allocation for individual projects taking into account factors such as research project quality, feasibility, impact, investigator track record, and support from the member university.
If you have further questions about the 2020 Intersect HPC resource allocation round, please contact us via email addressed to email@example.com.
Last updated: 18 Jan 2020